21.9.09

A fashion interview on the lovely Idee Geniale



Last week, I browsed through the net looking for fashionable and creative blogs, and I came upon this blog. Not only is Idee's blog interesting, but it is also very chic and up to date.
She clearly masters the art of mix matching, combining colours and thrifts with high end garments. And on top of that, she loves creating her own DYI fashion add ons to update her looks. Ohh...


Idee posts almost daily pictures of her style and her experiences in the fashion world of Brooklyn. I just thought that it would be lovely to feature her on Catherine Ashley Talks fashion so she can share her fashion sense and ideas with all of us fashion- hungry people out there!

Here is a short interview that I did with the Zooey Deschanel lookalike on her style and fashion ideas. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired by her looks.
Please visit her amazing blog to view more updates and pictures of her.


How would you describe your style?
I would say my style is fun and a little quirky. Very feminine with a touch of vintage.


Which celebrities/ fashionistas do you feel share the same sense of style with you?
I've been compared to Zooey Deschanel since starting my blog, I think it's mostly because of my brown hair/fringe and vintage dresses. I'm a huge fan of Kate Nash as well, she's got the same feminine look that I really like.
Other celebrities/fashionistas whose style I love are Kirsten Dunst, Chloe Sevigny, Daisy Lowe, Peaches Geldof.


What are your fashion essentials?
Now that fall is quickly approaching, I'm stocking up on tights. I wear them all through fall/winter so i need them in various colors & patterns. Other essentials include great belts, scarves, mostly accessories since i feel like they are an easy way to complete any outfit.




If you could afford or dare any style in the world, what would you end up wearing?
Oh wow, this is a great question.I think that I would definitely go with full on 1940's glamour look with a little bit of pin-up vargas girl. I love the red lips, and the ladylike accessories like dainty gloves and headpieces.

I wish I'd be able to pull that off on a daily basis
but I just don't think I'm that daring.



Where do you get your inspiration from (fashion wise)?
I find my inspiration through classic foreign films, other fashion blogs and everyday street style. (Way too many to list here)


I would really like to thank Idee for giving us the opportunity to peek into her fashion mind.
Thank you Idee.......

6 comments:

Miss Madeline said...

Thanks for sharing this blog!

Annie said...

She is lovely.
Thankyou so much for this interview, Catherine

idée_géniale said...

Oh wow, thanks so much!! I'm so flattered at your kind words. I'm going to do my daily post now and def. mention your blog!!!

Delightfully Tacky said...

She is one of my favorite bloggers. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Интересно написано....но многое остается непонятнымb

Anonymous said...

Интересно написано....но многое остается непонятнымb