I love otters!I was watching a program on Nat Geo about otters before. They were so cute and i couldn't stop smiling at their little innocent behaviours. The way they crack shells with a rock on their furry little chest, to the way they yawn and put their chubby paws on their face. Awww
Facts on otters
River Otter Interesting Facts
- River otters can hold their breath for up to 8 min. and can run at speeds up to 29 km/hour.
- They have long, slender, sleek bodies.
- River otters weigh about 20 pounds and they are about 2 and a half feet long (76 cm).
- River otters spend two-thirds of the time on land.
- Their silky, streamlined bodies help them move through the water with speed and grace.
- River otters have specially adapted lenses in their eyes to accommodate underwater distortions.
- Otters belong to the Weasel family.
- River otters lie wrapped in giant seaweed called kelp, they play and rest among the plants.
- Otters float together in groups called rafts.
- Old male otters often has white fur. Baby otters are called pups.
- Otters sometimes hold themselves up with their tails.
- An otter has two to six babies.
- Otters always wash themselves after every meal.
- All otters has a favorite stone it carries around.
- River otters are carnivores, which mean they only eat meat.
- Female otters are a third smaller than male otters.